About Me

My photo
Welcome to the life of Risa, a Marine wife and Dominican city chick discovering the 'burbs and Mommyhood..enjoy!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Long Time, No Post :-(

Sooo sorry for the hiatus but Nadia's been more mobile plus with the holidays and all time just slipped by.  I do promise to keep up though, especially if Brandon goes away for a length of time at some point this year.  With that being said our biggest news is that we are expecting another baby (I deeply believe it's a boy) at the end of this summer.  I am in the middle of planning Nadia's first birthday party so busy, busy, busy this first trimester.

As far as a Nadia update goes:  she has her fifth tooth coming in as we speak; she's taking steps on her own here and there and she's babbling A LOT.  Words she says clearly:  Mama, Dada, baby.  Words/phrases she recognizes:  clap; arms up; arms down; wave; quieres agua? (do you want water?); come here; vamonos/let's go; look (over here, over there, etc.).  I feel like I'm bragging about commands my new puppy knows lol.  She loves to pretend she's on the phone and have a "conversation".  Her favorite is to sneak into her drawer and dramatically throw her clothes over her shoulder.  Here's a video of Nadia "reading".  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the new post. I thought Nadia's reading was brilliant!!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's starting to bring me books to read to her, which makes me very happy :-) I'm a fan of reading so hopefully it rubs off on her.

    ReplyDelete